Monday, February 23, 2009

4 Oscars For Indians, Hurrah!




The Mr celebrating the Oscar victories by dancing to Slumdog tunes while the kids are enjoying the show!
Personally I believe that India has loads of talent, more than anywhere else in the world and the acknowledgement of Hollywood cannot change that, but today's Oscar victories does tweak that thing called pride in me. I am very happy for Rahman but I still think that this is not the finest work he has produced. They have noticed it because the director is one of them, and a film is afterall the director's baby. I am proud of Resul Pookutty too as technicians rarely get their due. I liked the way Danny Boyle called all his caste and crew on stage when the best film award was being presented. They looked like a big family. The Mr loves the music of Slumdog Millionaire and is trying to convert me. Ah well, its not bad....but Roja, Dil Se, Bombay...they are still the best of Rahman.

2 comments:

Indian in NZ said...

Totally agree with you on feeling proud and totally agree with you on this not being one of Rahman's best work.

The kids look very amused to see their dad dance :-)

diya said...

They are sometimes treated to the spectacle of their parents dancing on week days and holidays! There are also times when we all do our different dance forms together! We like to play the fool with the kids, they love it!